Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why I love it out here!

As I took the dogs walking last Sunday, I couldn't resist photographing these reeds in the "lake." It's actually one of the springs that brought a Spanish family here to settle a ranch, and our area became known as Spanish Springs. These springs actually bubbled out in these fields feeding all sorts of wildlife, farm land, cows and horses. When builders bought the property, they dug a big hole and let it fill up. Now all sorts of water fowl stop by and killdeer have their babies on the surrounding ledges. I can still find beauty out here, not to mention the thrill of running into an occasional hawk. I met a hawk in the same place the previous Sunday and was happy I'd brought my camera along to capture this one taking off.

No comments:

Post a Comment