Sunday, November 21, 2010

crafting & gardening

Patrick is now 18 months, and I finally got to making a little quilt for him. I had knit one before he was born, but it took me a while to find the right material for this little one-piece quilt. After I found it - well - let's just say it took me a while to get back to the sewing machine. He now carries this around when I babysit him, at least once a week. I took this photo in my far back garden. This is the one garden that is fenced off from the dogs. The birds, rabbits and chipmunks can run amok back here and even taunt the Corgis in safety. The tableau, old bathroom sink on a wood frame, is one of my pots. I've been able to find old things out in the desert - the wood frame - and was also lucky enough to get this old sink from the Capurro ranch at the front of the valley before it turned into a Home Depot, Costco and shops, shops, shops. So I saved a little history of what used to be when we could ride this wild desert before it became tame. Oh, yes, I'm a crafter. I think I've said that before. I try my hand at knitting, book making, sewing, embroidery, card making, writing - definitely a master of none - just do it to soothe my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment