Thursday, November 25, 2010

it's thanks - giving time!

The power of gratitude - that is what we should take time for today…and everyday. I'm always worried when I make my daily gratitude list that I'm just going through the motions, and sometimes maybe I am, but I am truly thankful everyday that I have a wonderful, funny, inspiring, talented and clever family, a roof over my had, indoor plumbing, central heating, and food on the table and in the refrigerator. I'm often dumbstruck by sunrises and sunsets, I love spotting coyotes on my desert walks, I love that I have a place to garden and two horses and a goat, two sweet Corgis of my own and their brothers visiting often. I try to remember daily, in the midst of rushed work, crazy phones and problems to solve, that I really have all I'll ever need right now.
    I wish everyone a wonderful day today no matter how you spend it. Mike and I and our brother-in-law will have turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy (the kids are all going to in-laws, etc, for the day), and I'll watch Miracle on 34th Street, a tradition I keep to kick off the holiday season. And I'm going to be adventurous tomorrow and shop til I drop on Black Friday. I may even start with the crazy early sales. Never have done it. Just thought it might be fun, and can't deny the added bonus of getting most of my Christmas shopping done. And I'll share my last fall scene of the season. Happy Thanksgiving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment