Sunday, January 23, 2011

a reason for believing

Two posts from blogs I love have inspired me to post tonight. It's about believing without being religious, believing in soul and creativity and inspiration. Both Into the Woode and Knitting into the Wind have sent my mind racing. I love tonight's posts, I am not religious - too much politics there. I don't think religion is in the DNA. I do think that belief in soul and connection and a greater power of good is there. I think it sparks creativity. Religion - when I was a child, I was told that my dog Susie couldn't go to heaven with me - animals don't have souls. So I decided I would just go wherever Susie was going. Still feel that way. I see spirit, something greater than mere human and that all the living have soul - the butterflies that stop by my Valerian, the hawks that hunt the quail, the coyotes that bound along beside me wondering if I'll give up one of my Corgis to her. Nature in her might - how lovely. May the week bring you all some joy, some peace, some excitement, some inspiration and some creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a sweet post, truly. Recently, I found a blog where one lady takes care of old rescue golden retrievers, and it set my mind to thinking of my old rescue golden, Rocky, when I was younger and long story short, I remember thinking the EXACT SAME THOUGHT!!!Someone told me the same thing, and I thought secretly to myself that I didn't want to worship a god who didn't want to take care of the soul of a faithful friend like Rocky after his body was gone. I HEAR YOU!!! What a beautiful way to put it!

    ReplyDelete