Wednesday, June 15, 2011

flowers, sun and feeling better



Hello poppies in almost summer
After being sick for several days - an intestinal thing that kept me running between the bathroom and the bed - I finally made it outside yesterday. The occasion? I was watching my grandson for a while. I discovered that it's warm, really pleasant, one good reason to live around Reno - sweet summer evenings. And I was blown away by these. It's late for Oriental poppies and these are volunteers. It's all magic. These are growing outside the flower bed in a tiny speck of dirt. Maybe the seed blew there. Maybe the birds that tend my yard decided I needed these - here - now. And I did. And I do. And I get to enjoy for a little while longer before the heat leaves just the beautiful green plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment