Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a summer photo, but now we're into fall, my favorite time of the year. I'm ready to pull out the flowers. They should have given up at least 3 weeks ago - after all, this is northern Nevada, and now it's time for pumpkins. My trees should be golden, the Virginia Creeper should be red, and the horses should have a good layer of winter hair, but our weather continues to be strange. I did clean out some of my perennial beds on Saturday, but I always leave the Black Eyed Susans and some other plants for the birds to eat off of and hide in. We have lots of quail that winter over in the perennial gardens. And I do appreciate the extended growing season - I did get a pretty good crop of tomatoes, beautiful red hot peppers and about 24 pumpkins. Not bad for a very small vegetable garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment